Saturday 8 August 2015

MoB"s Saturday Author Interview


AUTHOR INTERVIEW - MAGIC OF BOOKS PROMOTIONS



Jude Ouvrard


"Drama, true love, and tattoos...and everything in between!" 

Jude Ouvrard is an author who writes from the heart, and reads with passion and devotion. Jude enjoys stories of drama, true love, tattoos, and everything in between. While writing is her therapy, reading is her solace. Life doesn't get better than books and chocolate, and maybe a little bit of shopping.

A romance lover, Jude writes about love, pain, heartbreak and matters that will challenge your heart. A book can tell an unexpected story, no matter which directions it takes. Jude embraces words that have haunted her for years. 

Jude is a working mom who dedicates her time to a law firm and writing books. She has an energetic five-year old superhero son, and a supportive boyfriend of thirteen years. Her family is her rock; she could not survive without them. Born a country girl, she transformed into a city woman who now lives in Montreal, Canada. Although French is her first language, Jude decided to write in English because she liked the challenge. 

Jude Ouvrard is the author of two novellas, Under the Sun and Wonderland, and three novels, "Lost Dreams," "Body, Ink, and Soul," and "Ophelia." She is currently working on sequels to her novels.





Tell the readers a little about you.

I’m the author of the Ink series (Body, ink, and soul & Music, Ink, and soul), Ophelia, Lost dreams, Wonderland and Under the sun. I’m currently working on a novella Beneath the stars and another novel in the Ink series. I’m from Montreal, Canada.


What genre do you mostly write in and why?

Romance always. I wrote a gay romance, a beach read, a drama, a new adult and a military. All of them are involving romance.


What inspired you to write your first book? 

It was a dream and I had the support from my friend. I still can’t believe I did it after over two years and a half.


What books have influenced your life most? 

Nicholas Sparks’ collections, The Twilight serie. So many books.


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? 

Colleen Hoover


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? 

Yes. English is only my second language so I’m always trying to work on the quality of my writing. I’m trying really hard. My editors probably hate working with me because I need more work and their time. (I’m sorry) My worst nightmare would be to disappoint readers.


When did you first, without hesitation, call yourself a writer? 

In my day to day life, the part of me being an author is kind of private. At first, I used to talk about it more openly but now, its only with my mom and my friend. I don’t like talking about it. I get very shy and self-conscious. With my author friend, its different. There is no barrier.


What’s the earliest memory you have of writing a story? 

When I was a kid (around 10-14), I used to write stories about road trips with my friends or sharing a loft with them. I couldn’t stop thinking about it.


What is your least favorite part of the writing process? 

When I’m done writing and I have to read it. It’s killing me. It takes forever and I hate it. I need a break after writing it. Sometimes I wait one or two weeks but it’s still painful.


Describe your writing style in ten words or less. 

Simple, refreshing, full of emotions, passion.


How much of of your books are realistic? 

Most of my books are realistic. I don’t think they stand too far from reality. I want my readers to feel like they could be part of the story.


What book are you reading now? 

I just finished the last book of the Reed series by Tammy Falkner. I loved it. Each book brought something important to me. It’s all about family, bonding, acceptance. The author did amazingly good with the storyline.


Do you see writing as a career? 

I wish I could. Right now, it isn’t realistic but I’m still hoping/dreaming/focusing. It might happen one day if I’m lucky. I work full time in a law firm and I enjoy my job and my paycheck.


If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? 

I would change something in one of my book. I won’t say which one but there is one book where I feel very insecure. I got good reviews but I think it needs polishing again and I plan on fixing it soon. I'm never 100% sure of the quality of my book when I publish. At some point, the editing is beyond my knowledge. Sad but true.


What do you think is the future of reading/writing? 

I think it will become paperless at some point. There will always be readers and writers. It entertains people and that’s what our society needs. Nothing is better than reading after a long endless day at work. It relaxes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment