Friday 8 January 2016

Set Free by Kelly Collins

SET FREE
AUTHOR: Kelly Collins
GENRE: Contemporary Romance ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: November 10, 2015
One ex-convict, one detective, one ranch, one hell of a ride.
When twenty-four-year-old Mickey Mercer walked out of the Denver Women’s Correctional Facility she had two things on her mind: the friends she left behind and the rough road ahead. 
She had a failing ranch, a rundown home, and an angry ex-boyfriend determined to crush her. That was until a stranger appointed himself her personal savior. 
Detective McKinley’s job was to protect and serve. His life was consumed by work until he found Mickey walking down a dusty road. She was a mess and in trouble, and t. There was nothing sexier than trouble. Mickey was everything he wanted, but nothing he needed. That was the lie he told himself. 
Set Free is a story about love, hope, and redemption. Sometimes, people aren’t what they seem. Sometimes, they’re better.
The white Ford pickup idled quietly— waiting. Fear squeezed my throat like a noose. Could it be him? I backed away while the window silently lowered. 
“Do you need a ride?” The husky voice called from across the seat. So many emotions filled me. 
Relief. 
Fear. 
Desire. 
A sizzling energy threaded through every nerve in my body. It was a tingly zap of recognition. Morse code for my libido? Electrocution by attraction?
Looking into the clean truck and feeling the cool air seep out the window made it easy to take the risk. Without hesitation, I pulled on the door handle and hopped in the truck. 
“Yes. Thanks. Being near the prison, I didn’t think anyone would stop.” I reached forward and turned the air vents to my face. 
His inspection of me was short but thorough. The feel of his eyes sweeping across my body made the air around me crackle. It had been a long time since a man had seen me. Sure, the guards watched me daily, but they never actually saw me. I was a number, not a person. 
The window rose and the door lock engaged. The sound caused fleeting anxiety. Buckled into my safety belt, the truck propelled forward. I sat in the sexy stranger’s car— captive.
Kelly Collins writes with the intention of keeping the love alive. Always a romantic, she is inspired by real time events mixed with a dose of fiction. She encourages her readers to reach the happily ever after but bask in the afterglow of the perfectly imperfect love. Kelly lives in Colorado with her husband of twenty-five years. She loves hockey, shiny objects and has a new found appreciation for green smoothies. Kelly has a landing page that hosts all her books.

  facebookgoodreadsTwitteramazon

No comments:

Post a Comment