Monday 19 March 2018

Release Tour for Secrets? by A.L. Simpson

SECRETS?
by A.L. Simpson

Genre: New Adult LGBT Romance (M/M - Friends to Lovers)


Kyle is a cowboy who has lived on a ranch in the Australian Outback all his life. He is also gay and hasn’t yet found the courage to come out.

Luke’s father owns a prestigious law firm and as the only child and heir, he’s expected to become a lawyer and rule by his father's side. Problem is, Luke has other ideas and one is to be as far away from his asshole father as possible.

Wendy is the only daughter from a ranching family. She has four brothers, is Kyle's foreman and best friend, not his lover. So, why she is at his ranch and not at her father's?

Can Kyle break down the barriers and discover the secrets to help the two people he cares about more than anything else in life?

Can Wendy and Luke learn to trust?

CHAPTER ONE

KYLE

I gathered the reins on Grifter, my majestic black gelding and scanned the horizon one last time before turning toward home. I hoped I'd done enough to prevent the feral cats and foxes from taking down any more of the cattle. Electrifying the boundary fence had been costly and time consuming but, I couldn't keep Dufus in the barn for the rest of his days and couldn't risk losing my prized bull. The randy bull produced high quality calves which sold for a small fortune and it was what kept us making good money rather than just scraping by.

I galloped my mount across the open paddocks and felt the strength between my thighs as his muscles rippled and flexed. The horse's strides were lengthy, he loved to gallop flat out and he ate up the ground in no time. When I slowed to approach the barn, I noticed my foreman, Wendy, talking with someone. Someone who caused my groin to tighten and heart to beat faster. Even with his back to me, I knew who the curly blonde locks belonged to.

His shoulders were much broader than the last time I'd seen him, his hair longer and it lifted in the slight breeze. The jeans he wore were molded over one helluva sexy ass.

Wendy waved when she saw me approach and the man spun around to face me. My heart missed a few beats when he smiled, pressure mounted behind the zipper of the jeans as my cock thickened with interest.

"Luke Kelly." I barely whispered the words. It had been fifteen years since I'd last seen the man who'd haunted my dreams for more than half of my life. He'd gone off to university in the big smoke to study law and his family had moved away shortly after. I'd assumed Luke would be working in his father's legal practice in Brisbane. So, what was he doing here? It wasn't as if we'd ever been friends.

Wendy took the reins I held out and I dismounted. Luke took two long strides toward me, his hand outstretched. I knew it was a mistake the moment our fingers touched. A shudder cannoned through me and I fought to keep my composure as we shook.

"Kyle Walker, been a long time."

"Luke Kelly. It has been a long time. I guess you're working with your father, how's the legal business going? What brings you back here to Clearlea?" More specifically, my ranch.

"Didn't much like the business of being a lawyer so I joined the police force, worked out of the Gold Coast. I tired of being in the city though, missed being here in the country. I got a promotion to Detective Senior Sargent and requested a transfer here to take charge of your town."

"Congratulations, but why my place?"

"I heard your dad left the property to you and wanted to come by and say hi. I know we weren't friends or anything in school but, I always admired your ability to ignore those around you and get on with what you wanted to do."

"It wasn't hard to melt into the background when you're a country geek surrounded by football studs and cheerleaders."

"We never purposely ignored you, we…."

I waved my hand in the air. "Long time ago, Luke, water under the bridge. You still haven't answered me though, I find it hard to believe you only came out here to say hello. Was there something you needed?" Me? Please say me. Get your fucking head on the right way, Walker. Football Player. Cop. Straight!

I caught the glance he shot in Wendy's direction and it hit me. Straight guy remember and Wendy is one gorgeous woman. One very single, straight, gorgeous woman.

"Oh, sorry, you're here to see Wendy, I'll leave you to it."

I stepped away but was stopped in my tracks when Luke's large hand gripped the top of my arm.
"No, it's you I need to speak with. I kind of need a favor."


I have always loved to write and have a vivid and overactive imagination.

In my spare time, when I’m not writing, I love to walk, read and shop.

I believe no mountain is too hard to climb, no river is too wide to span and no journey is too difficult to complete. I follow my dreams and I urge and encourage others to do the same.

With a positive attitude, the impossible can become possible.

Facebook ✯ Website ✯ Goodreads ✯ Amazon ✯ Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment